It’s that time again! Time for Birchbox! “What is Birchbox?” you may ask. In a nutshell it’s a monthly subscription of beauty, grooming and lifestyle samples shipped directly to you! It’s a good way to try a lot of products (most of which are on the expensive side) for $10.00 a month! I found out about Birchbox through Instagram and YouTube. Since I’ve been curious to try new beauty products, I thought the program was a good match for me. This will be my third month and so far I haven’t been disappointed!
If you want to know more about the program and its other benefits, visit their website! If you do decide to join, click the link below for an invite from me! It gets you in sooner (the program is invitation only and it can take a few months to get one by signing up on your own) and also helps me earn points towards the Birchbox store. Awesome Link that is awesome!
This months “theme” is all about Fall trends. Here is a list of what I got in mine, some info about the products and some photos!
1. BVLGARI | Mon Jasmin Noir
With waves of ripe fruit and a base of heady jasmine, this luxurious scent is the perfect accessory to fall outfits. (Full size: $47-$83)
***My thoughts*** 😦 I’m not digging this scent. It smells like something someone maybe 10-20 years older than me would wear. It’s also super heavy scented.
2. Color Club | Birchbox Custom Polish
We teamed up with Color Club to create this custom shade, inspired by the Fall 2012 collections (Full size: $8)
***My thoughts*** 🙂 It’s a really true blue color. It applies nicely and evenly. I don’t have any color like this so I’m excited!
3. Dr. Jart+ | Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+
Think of this four-in-one moisturizer, serum, sunscreen and skin-perfecting tint as the (extremely stylish) Swiss Army Knife of your beauty lineup. (Full size: $32)
***My thoughts*** I’m actually really excited about this. I’ve been looking to try new BB creams so I like that I got a free sample of one this month. I’ll report back next month after I’ve gotten to use this!
4. LiQWd | Professional Volumizing Catalyst
Loaded with high-tech ingredients, this body-building mist penetrates deep into each strand to make your locks look fuller. (Full size: $22)
***My thoughts*** I’m excited to try this. It’s a decent sample size for hair care so that’s a plus. Also, my hair is so straight and flat and limp….it’s the perfect test for a product like this. I’ll report back next month!
5. twistband | Birchbox Custom Lace Hair Tie
Designers went gaga for lace this season and we don’t blame them. Get on board with these ouch-free hair ties. (Set of 6-12, $14-$22)
***My thoughts*** I’ve heard a lot of hype about these the past few months. Mainly from Instagram since a friend of mine on there makes them and sells them on Etsy. (Btw, her’s seem much cuter than these.) Anyway, this product does what it says it does. It holds my hair up pretty well, doesn’t leave that stupid bump and is “ouch-free”. lol. I’m not too keen on the lace color but I’m not picky when it comes to hair ties. I did notice after 1 use it stretched out quite a bit. It still works but I have to wrap it around my hair a lot in order for it to stay in place. I’ve seen girls on YouTube and Instagram who ware these as bracelets too but I’m guessing they have to retie the band so it will fit snug to the wrist. I’m undecided on if I think this product is worth the money. It seems a bit pricy for a frayed piece of elastic that I could buy in bulk online.
6. LiQWd | Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner
This body-building duo pumps each follicle full of moisture, helping hair look fuller. (Full size: $24)
***My thoughts*** I’ll try this out this week with the other product from them. I’ll report back next month.
BIRCHBOX DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
7. Tristan Prettyman is our latest musical crush. Download two of the singer-songwriter’s brand new tracks.
***My thoughts*** 🙂 I went to YouTube to see who this was becuase I’ve never heard of them before. So far so good. I like her. I’ll go and get my free downloads.
I just wanted to give a quick review and the stuff I got last month.
1. Apothederm | Stretch Mark Cream – Didn’t make a difference other than moisturize my skin.
2. Jouer | Moisturizing Lip Gloss – I still really like this stuff and wear it a few times a week.
3. Juicy Couture | Viva La Juicy La Fleur – I like this scent but not enough to buy. I like their other scents more. So this is just for travel since it’s so small.
4. SHU UEMURA Art of Hair | Full Shimmer Illuminating Shampoo – I didn’t really notice much of a difference with this. The sample was a bit small and I think to get the true effect of a hair care product, you need a decent size sample.
5. SHU UEMURA Art of Hair | Full Shimmer Illuminating Treatment – Same deal as the shampoo.
6. Schick | Hydro Silk Razor (“Birchbox Find”) – I LOVE this razor! I used to use the same kind my husband does which worked fine but this razor is amazing. I’ll be getting more razor head for this!